fourth 2021 edition
casa del cinema Rome
17 Sep at 9.00 pm
THIS YEAR’S THEME IS ALL GREEN: ECOLOGY, SUSTAINABILITY, RENEWABLE ENERGIES.
Work of Valentina Rocchi Pellicciari
This year the VerticalMovie Festival has chosen an entirely Green theme: ecology, sustainability, renewable energy and respect for the environment in order to safeguard our planet.
Work of Aurora Parisi
To quote Greta Thumberg: every day is “Earth Day”, and this reminds us that the environmental and climatic emergency must be the central pivot of our existence, that we must intensify circular economy, renewables and energy efficiency.
Work of Valerio Bruni
THE SECTIONS THREE SECTIONS, EACH WITH THE RECOGNITION OF AN AWARD OF MERIT
The works in this section must deal with an entirely Green theme: ecology, sustainability, renewable energy and respect for the environment.
Vertical Open is a free themed section addressed to everyone. The maximum duration of the works is ten minutes.
Vertical Song in a section dedicated to videoclip
VerticalMovie is a not-for-profit entity whose only purpose is to promote and disseminate new trends and to celebrate the creative virtues of the younger generations.
Work of Valentina Rocchi Pellicciari
The works published on this page are made by the students of the Liceo Artistico Paritario San Giuseppe in Grottaferrata
Teacher Francesca De Angelis
VERTICALMOVIE FESTIVAL 2021
IV EDITION ROME
The 4th edition of the VerticalMovie Festival 2021 will take place in Rome.
In the previous 2019-20 editions we have received over 3000 works from 117 countries on 5 continents.
We thank all the competitors who, despite the pandemic, have done their utmost to produce their works.
the sections in competition 2021
Rai Radio 2 was the official radio of the VerticalMovie Festival 2018. On this occasion on September 22 Rai Radio 2 opens its IGTV channel on instagram. Here are some promotional launches of the VerticalMovie Festival with the protagonists of Rai Radio 2: Luca Barbarossa, Andrea Perroni, Andrea Delogu, Silvia Boschero, Giovanni Veronesi, Massimo Cervelli, Antonello Dose, Marco Presta, Paolo Calabresi, Lillo, Greg and Alex Braga, Corrado Nuzzo, Maria Di Base, Mauro Casciari,
the vertical contribution of amref
WINNER VERTICAL MOVIE 2020
WINNING WORKS OF THE THIRD EDITION OF THE VERTICLAMOVIE FESTIVAL 2020
- VERTICAL MOVIE AWARD: Sachiko by Miguel Esteve
The power of writing and imagination: writing creates, writing destroys. The exhibition of the contrasts and / or inconsistencies of Japan: the calm time of the temples alternates with the time of the city. The images are sharp. The passion for dance corresponds to the passion for beauty. Both represent a vocation.
- VERTICAL OPEN AWARD: Passed the brush by Leif Gantvoort
For the intuition of reviewing, at a grazing flight, the trends of the moment present in social networks and through their language to propose them again in a short film story. Parallel space-time planes, irony and rhythm, to suggest to grab the “make-up brushes” and the possibilities of transformation that life throws at us.
- VERTICAL WOMAN AWARD: Bonne nuit by Dominique Maury Lasmartres
Not for everyone the night draws a bonne nuit, but for some it can become one thanks to the generosity of others. Work made with sensitivity and excellent cinematic narrative.
- VERTICAL SONG AWARD: Cantaclaro by Vadim Lasca
For being able to represent the decadence of values with a dark and dystopian setting, filmed with extraordinary skill via a dated mobile device and having obtained a strictly vertical photograph, well lit, with the complicity of excellent costumes and an appreciable piece of music.
- VERTICAL DOC AWARD: Khayelitsha by Leila Kidson and Michael Carter
The desertification of the external landscape contrasts with the great inner wealth. The individual is not the place where he lives. The individual is in the depth he inhabits. The worst desertification lies in carelessness. Excellently photographed work.
- VERTICAL WEB AWARD: Isolation by Melania M. Codella (section dedicated to the work that reaches the highest number of views) 6531 views.
An island, a family, a positive. Family life is about to be upset by the result of a swab. Between hypochondria, anxiety and acceptance of reality, the mirror of the nature of the human being emerges. Let the isolation begin. An ironic and fun way to represent a truth that has shocked many people. Be positive.
- Special jury prize to Paola Quattrini
- Award for the best vertical comedy series to Andrea D’Andreagiovanni and Simone Gallo for LA FINESTRA.
- Award to the best vertical series to STU, MY NAME IS STU and BAD JU JU
- Out of competition award to Oscar winner Damien Chazelle for the vertical short “The stunt double“
For having been able to combine with great skill, present, past and future of Cinema from its origins to today, taking up (and winning) the challenge of the latest generation vertical movie.
- Best Original Score: Vincent Barrière for SACHIKO
- Best story-script: José Mellinas for DESINCRONIZADO
- Best Actor: Guy Fearon for Simon O’Neill’s Tell me about yourself
- Best Actress: Lea Van Acken for Linda-Schiwa Klinkhammer’s Remote Love
- Best Sound and Mix: Kewal Roshan Ezra’s ASCENSION
- Best Cinematography: My life something different by Jan Moravec
- Best Costumes: Marco Coretti for Fedora by Andrea Marrari
- Best Editing: Oh is that a girl? by Nicole Chi
- Best Director: Michel Carter and Leila Kidson for KHAYELITSHA
Vertical Movie Festival
WINNING WORKS OF THE THIRD EDITION OF THE VERTICALMOVIE FESTIVAL
September seventeen at nine pm italian time
The final evening of the Fourth Edition of the VerticalMovie Festival will be conducted by Maddalena Zoppoli.
He studied theater and film acting with, among others, Beatrice Bracco and Sergio Rubini.
You have been organizing and conducting some film festivals for several years.
When she is not on stage she is Anna’s mom with red hair.
Took part in the awards ceremony
as accomplices and supporters, many friends, authors, actors, journalists, singers, etc … etc …
Vertical movie festival 2019 macro asilo palaexpo rome
Vertical movie festival 2018 Piazza del popolo rome rome